Posted by: Adrianna | June 30, 2010

Tomorrow — chemo?

We are still waiting for Elliott’s MDR1 test result.  It may come in tomorrow, late afternoon, or on Friday.  E’s oncologist doesn’t work on Friday but she will make a special trip if we don’t get the result tomorrow (she’s awesome!).  This means that I have to bring him in to work tomorrow and perhaps leave him there overnight 😦 if we dont’ get the test result because it is so expensive to bring him back and forth.  The oncologist and I have talked about it, and regardless of the result we’ll go ahead and treat with vincristine (the next drug on the list) but reduce the dose if he is MDR1 positive. The risk is that he will feel more ill effects from it than a negative dog, but since his prognosis is just terrible without following the UWM protocol, it is worth the risk.  Fingers crossed.

I hope we get the results on time because I don’t want to spend another night without him.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: